Thursday, December 17, 2009

Hair Cutting....

So last night I attempted to cut Tel's hair for the third time. The first time (sometime at the end of September 09)was kind of a nightmare; I started chopping away at his hair with a load of confidence in myself. Then after I got a grasp of what I was actually doing, I froze up. I had started cutting off about 1-2 inches. The more scared I got, the less I cut. I think towards the end of the hair cut, I was only cutting off about 1cm. I hadn't really thought out my game plan ahead of time. I just thought I would remember how Lorraine had done it before. But then I realized that the few times I had watched Lorraine cut Tel's hair, I was in the mind frame that we would always be close enough for her to just do it. So in other words, I didn't pay enough attention when I should of. Anyways, back to Haircut #1, we weren't in the best setting either. It was in the evening and I couldn't find a place in the house that had enough lighting for me to see his hair. I had started with some sort of a guideline, but by the end, I couldn't even remember what side of his head I had cut. I guess I have always been very temperamental about Tel's hair. It honestly was the first thing that caught my eye about him. I loved his hair. So I don't want to be the one to ruin his hair. So I started freaking out that I was going to ruin his hair or snip off one of his wings. So I ended up just quitting in the middle of his hair cut and telling Tel that he would have to just wear a hat until his mom could fix the damage I had done.

Haircut #2 was smooth sailing. When Ron and Lorraine and Lisa came to visit us in Carlsbad, Lorraine brought me my own hair cutting scissors and shaver. So while she was here, Lorraine showed me how to cut Tel's hair again. This time I really paid attention. So his hair was fixed and looked great again.

Haircut #3 - So back to last night. Tel and I were watching this show, "The Sing Off" I think that's what it's called. Anyways, so I remembered most of what I was supposed to do. I cut all the back of his head and felt really good about it. Then when I got to the front, I froze up again. I remember Lorraine telling me that I needed to be careful about cutting Tel's front because of his callics and I could easily end up giving him a bald spot. She also showed me how to cut in upside down or something. So to make the story short, my arms were tired and I was too scared to cut the front of it, so I stopped after I had perfected the back, and I'm leaving the front for another lesson from Lorraine and for her to fix when we are in Soda. I actually think I would be a really good hair cutter if I had an assistant. One to hold my scissors while a comb more hair to cut, and one to watch my guideline so I don't forget what I'm doing.

I remember last May, Tel had his cousin cut his hair and he ended up cutting his hair to about 2 inches short. I was with him when it got cut, while I was sitting there I didn't know what to think. But as soon as we got out to Tel's truck, I started crying. I was so sad. I didn't even recognize Tel. I had never seen him with short hair and it was freaking me out. He kept telling me that it would grow back, which obviously it did. But every time I would see him for the next couple of weeks, it took me a second to realize it was tel, because he looked so different to me. Anyway, I know that is stupid, but I love tel's hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment