Monday, January 25, 2010

Did somebody say homemade pizza?

Saturday we woke up to 40 mph winds! I seriously thought our house was going to blow away. Our house isn't sealed up that great either, making wind storms really loud. So anything outdoors was out of the question, at least for me. So we went and had lunch with Sara and Lawrence at "Danny's Place." We had some yummy green chili burgers! My new favorite hamburger topping...green chili. I don't think I can eat a hamburger without it anymore. Good thing every restaurant in New Mexico offers it! Afterward, the boys played some wii, and Sara and I talked about books. Sara talked me into reading more Nicholas Sparks books. I already started, "Nights in Rodanthe," so we'll see how it is! We also looked through the entire book, "Cook this, Not that."

I have read, "Eat this, Not that." But I have never read this book. It's so good. I immediately ordered it when I got home. It has some great recipes and tips in it!

Later that evening we all made homemade pizza! It was quite the process. When we got back over to Sara and Lawrence's around 7:00pm, Sara had already started making the pizza dough in the bread maker. It takes about 2 hours in the bread maker. The time left on the machine was down to like 10 minutes, when Sara realized that she had forgot to add salt and sugar into the dough. So, we had to start over and remake the dough. Sara was so upset. But it was funny. We ate an entire bag of chips and salsa why we waited for the new batch of dough.While we waited for the new batch, we played "Battle of the Sexes!" The boys were really getting competitive. They couldn't handle loosing. Sara and I were really far ahead most of the game, which brought out the boys competitive attitudes. It was really funny! When the dough was done, we each made our individual pizza's on a paper plate. This was a BAD IDEA! Than we faced the issue of transporting the super gooey, dough onto the pizza brick to cook it. This was really hard with all the sauce and toppings. Telford thought he was going to be smart and he tried cutting the paper plate our from under the pizza and then dropping it on the pizza brick. Yah, that didn't work. So Tel's pizza looked more like lasagna. Lawrence found a way to transfer the rest of our pizza's.We finally ate our homemade pizza's around 10:45pm. But it was worth the wait and now I know how to make homemade pizza dough. Which leaves me wanting a bread maker!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment