Sunday, January 30, 2011

Christmas 2010

All year long, Tel and I didn’t think we would be able to make it home for Christmas because I had already used up all my vacation for the year. But because of the timing of my move to Denver, I was given the week of Christmas to move. So we spent a week in Idaho! We had our 2nd annual “Ugly Christmas Sweater” Contest on Christmas Eve. Mom made the best prime rib and we played “Signs” and musical chairs. The grandkids played boxing on the Wii, tore up the house with their marshmallow guns, and tracked Santa on the computer. It was a fun night. Jeb and Aaron’s families were both there for the party.














Christmas day was full of too many presents! Tel and I got spoiled!






The day after Christmas, Tel and I went to visit Tel’s Grandma Myers in Idaho Falls, Lisa and Sasha came to. The drive home from IF, I was introduced to the YouTube, “Boys will be girls”! So basically Sasha and I spent the rest of Christmas break quoting that video, FAT, Hun Cal Fro Yo!


On Monday Tel and I went snow mobiling with Drew and Makayla. We went to Trail Canyon to unload. Right out the gate, Tel and I somehow lost track of Drew and Makayla. After looking for them for about 20 minutes on our snow machine, we came upon them to find the newly engaged couple! Drew and pulled off onto a hillside and had popped the question. So exciting!




On Tuesday, I of course had to get in my Peggy visit to get my hair did. Afterward, I met up with Noel and Jackie to have lunch at Arctic. It was so good to see the two of them. Then I headed to Nammer’s to learn to knit! When Tel got through snow machining, he too came over to Nammer’s and attempted to learn to knit, just to see if he could do it better than me, and I’ll admit it, he did learn quicker than I did. That night Alex got into town, so we all went Lava to go to the hot pots.


On Wednesday, I woke with a fever and a cold. But we had plans to ski the Beav. Sasha, Ivan, Alex, Tel, Aaron, Jenny, Hope, Jonathan, Drew, Jeff Harris, Quinton were all at Beaver. We dumped so much powder all day long. It was a great day, minus the 45 minutes I had to go into the lodge to take a nap.









On Thursday- Sasha, Tel and I went to Grace to watch the Soda girl's basketball team.


On Friday night (New Year’s Eve) we first spent the early part of the night playing games with my parents, Nammer, Sasha, and Ivan. Ivan and Sasha taught us how to play the game Telephone Charades. It was quite the blast. Mom taught us all how to play a game from “Who’s line is it anyways”. We had such a blast. Afterwards we went over to Tel’s house and hung out with his parents and Ivan, Sasha, Colton, Colter Skinner, and Quiz came over too. We all reminisced until far past the New Year. Good times.


Then Friday came way too quickly and we were on our way back to Denver to start another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment