Monday, August 30, 2010

Will Merchant Softball Tournament



Tel and I played in a 3 day tournament this past weekend for the Intrepid Team. We played 2 games Friday night, 3 games Saturday night, and our team played 3 games Sunday (Tel and I didn't play). We had a good time. I now have a great story for when anyone asks me what the dumbest thing I've ever done was. We had a 10pm game on Saturday night and I was catching. There was a runner on 3rd base and I had the ball at home plate and the runner was off the bag. So I threw it to 3rd base, and I ended up pegging the umpire in the back of the head with the ball. I was so zoned in on the 3rd baseman, that I didn't see the umpire in my line of vision. When the ball hit the back of the umpire's head, it made the loudest noise ever. Which was then followed by complete silence. All the guys in the outfield even herd the THUNK. I was so completely embarrassed. The poor guy...But our team still won the sportsmanship award, so I didn't completely blow that for the team. 
So we ended the tournament in second place. 


1 comment: