Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Settler's of Catan= The BEST board game



The summer of 2010 introduced us to our favorite board game yet. Brady and Brittney are the guilty ones for teaching us the addicting game. To be honest, I never ever wanted to learn to play the game. It sounded really boring to me. But one night after having dinner at Brad and Brit's we decided to play. We couldn't stop playing after just 1 game. So we played a couple of games that night, followed by a couple of games each night for the next week straight. Never before have I daydreamed about trading ore, sheep, brick, wheat and wood. It was funny, Tel would wake up in the morning and he would tell me that he had yet, another dream about Settler's of Catan. I also kept feeling that, me of all people, the lover of board games, why haven't I played this game before?! So I do feel like I have missed out on many year's of settling.

After we were past the amateur stage, Brad and Brit introduced us to Sea Farers.

 It was just as fun! But it added 1 more commodity to the picture, ships! Then we said, bring on more commodities and Tel and I purchased Cities and Knights!

Now the game became very strategic and complicated. But it's really fun. Except it takes about 2 hrs to play one game.  Anyways, that's Tel and I's new addiction!

No comments:

Post a Comment