Tuesday, April 13, 2010

House Update

So a little update on our house. We spent the entire duration of last week painting our lives away. Lisa helped us paint every single day. Most of last week I had to work, so as soon as I got off work, I joined her in the painting festivity. I am so, so, so, so, grateful for her! I would still be at least 2 weeks from having the painting done, if it wasn't for her. I told her the only way we can repay her is to paint her house for her, as long as it doesn't need to be primed! Our entire house needed to be primed because we had basically the entire house, re-textured. After 6 wasted gallons of paint, we were able to find colors to finish everything in the house, excluding the kitchen, which is kind of a nightmare to think about. I will post pictures of the bedrooms after we have put the trim up.We also pulled up the carpet in the master bedroom, which had beautiful hard wood floors under it! I want to pull up the living room carpet that has hard wood floors under it. But that is another year's project.

Randy and Debbie were down in Carlsbad last week and brought us down a stove from our Sanders wedding money. So yah for a new white stove! We also got the sick green stove and gross fridge out of the kitchen too. Even having that gone makes the kitchen look billion times better.

Lawrence and Sarah were over at our new house over the weekend and Lawrence was able to help Tel get the sprinkler system going in the backyard. Now we just need to find the panel that is buried in one of the garden beds to turn on the front yard. 

Tomorrow the appraiser is coming to look at the house. If everything goes ok with that, then we will be able to close once the report is back to our lender. Hopefully on the 20th!

Oh ya, we go to Disney World in 1 week and 1 day! I'm sooooooooo excited. I keep telling Tel that we need to make him a t-shirt that says "my first time meeting Micky Mouse" or something like that. But he doesn't really like that idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment