Tuesday, March 2, 2010

 

Yah! I just registered Tel and I to participate in the Relay For Life on April 30th/May 1st! We are walking the 10pm - 11pm time as of now. But we'll probably walk more! I honestly feel bad that I have never participated in this amazing event. I have lost members of my family to cancer and should be more involved in organizations like this. I never got the chance to get to know my Grandma Lott and Grandpa Perryman before they lost their life to cancer. It's crazy to think how different my life could have been with them in it. I would have loved to seen both their relationships with my mom and dad too. I always hear about Papper's sense of humor and would've loved to have known him. I am just grateful that I have my Grandma Nammer and that she moved to Soda when she did. I can't imagine her still living in Wyoming. I remember how excited I was when she decided to move to Soda. I also wish I could've gotten to know my Aunt Barbara better too! She lost her life to Breast Cancer when I was in the 5th or 6th grade. I had the chance to be her pen pal for a few years, which I thought was the coolest thing. I remember she sent me a LL Bean backpack for my birthday one year. Anyway, I am excited to be involved with the Relay for Life and I want to make it a point to participate every year in this organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment