Saturday, March 15, 2014

Toddler Busy Bag Exchange


I hosted a Busy Bag Exchange this week that turned out great! Charlotte is getting to the age where she can sit and play with something for a longer period of time than she used to. So I started looking up toddler activities on Pinterest, which then inspired me to host a Busy Bag Exchange. I sent an invite out to all my friends in the area that had at least one child under the age of 3 and we had 17 people sign up! It's similar to a cookie exchange except you make 17 of the same busy bag for everyone and walk away with 17 different busy bags. I created a Google document initially for people to sign up for one of the example I put on the list, or they could create their own. This was to avoid any duplicates. People came up with some great ideas! I would definitely recommend doing this to anyone, especially in the winter months. 

I made a felt color matching Popsicle busy bag. Thanks to my older sister who sewed all of the felt tops while I pinned.  


To try to make the process of distributing the bags less hectic, I put out baskets for all of the ladies to drop one of their bags into each basket. It seemed to work well.



Some of the other bags were: Cupcake Felt, Playdough Mat, Clothesline Busy Bag, Number Board, Letter Board, Paint Swatch Clothes Pin Match, Popsicle Stick Puzzle Pictures, Lacing Cards, Felt Fishing Game, Planter Bag, I spy bottle, Pool Noodle Stringing, Pasta Sort, Toilet Paper roll color match, Animal Sounds Match. 




No comments:

Post a Comment